Quality Control

I have a goal for the shop. A small dream, if you will.

I want my store to be branded and clean.

How I mean to do this is by being more selective of my patterns, yarn and color choices. It sounds so simple but it also involves clearing out the inventory that I currently have so that I can replace it with higher quality items.

I also like the idea of doing more limited runs of items where I make four and only four unless commissioned to do otherwise. The goal would be to make four out of the same yarn, in different colorways, and try to sell out of the few that I have.

I a currently working on this with an infinity scarf pattern. I made one with some OOAK yarn I had lying around and liked it so much I wanted to make more. I found some super pretty yarn at the store that I hadn't seen before and picked up three (thinking I would need that much to make one scarf). It ended up only needing one skein to complete it and returned the other two to get different colors so I could make two other scarves.

I plan on holding off on posting these to the Etsy until maybe September. As part of another plan, I have for the movement of my inventory: seasonal lines/products. I want to also make a couple of 'regular' scarves to add to this "Fall Line". I will eventually get to the point where the only things in my Etsy are the current seasonal items and a small collection of basic items. I want to rotate my inventory to keep the shop interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts